Weather

Click for the latest Flushing weather forecast.

March 27, 2008

Queens Botanical Garden Giving Away Land?

Well not quite, so don't be alarmed. For those of you salivating at the though, better luck next time.

Per Splittinghairsinforesthills

In a rare instance of land literally being given away in New York, the Queens Botanical Gardens has set aside four 15-x-15′ plots of land for gardeners age 55 or older as part of their Senior Garden. If anyone is interested, call soon because the spaces within the plots fill up fast and are all taken by end summer.

The Giveaway Garden (there, I renamed it) is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 a.m. to noon, and is located in the southwest quadrant of the QBG near the College Point Boulevard gate, a several-minute walk from the main gate on Main Street.

More information: 718-886-3800, x525


Sounds like something nice for older people who don't have a back yard to plant in. I'd be weary of someone swiping my Cherry Tomatoes or Basil. On that note, anyone who wants a 15 x 15 lot to plant in my back yard please call: (718) 762-... okay I've changed my mind.

0 comments: