Weather

Click for the latest Flushing weather forecast.

March 24, 2008

Tour De' Queens Anyone?

Streetfilm: Queens Roller Racing

Bike racing comes to Queens as people will bike from one end of Queens to the other. I Unfortunately I couldn't embed the video from Streetblog.com. It looks pretty cool, this is something anyone with a free weekend afternoon should try, I don't think Northern Boulevard or Queens Boulevard are too bike friendly, so I will get to see a whole lot more side streets than I ever had before. Also biking through Flushing Main Street could be pretty interesting as well. Catch the action on June 8, 2008.

Last week, the Transportation Alternatives' Queens Committee hosted a fundraising Roller Race at the Creek & Cave bar. Watch this short video and find out what exactly a roller race is. If you would like get more info on the Tour de Queens and the Queens Volunteer Committee, contact Mike Heffron.


Lets put those nice underutilized bike lanes around Queens to good use since I never see anyone use them to this day and a belated Happy Easter.

0 comments: